Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Today I may have hit a low in my job search. I applied to work at a pre-school, where I'd only be paid $1 more than minimum wage. I wouldn't mind working with kids, but she asked me for references. Honestly, I don't think I've ever babysat anyone aside form my younger sister many, many moons ago. So I kind of just ran out, and promised her I'd email her non-existant references. This wasn't the worse, though. I applied to be Star Jones' personal assistant for her new show on Court TV, which I hear sucks...but are we surprised? So that brings me to the question: What's the worst job you've applied for, and if you were offered it, would you take it? I probably would've killed myself if I had to bring Star Jones food everyday or listen to her talk do her lawyer spiel. Then again, I may have actually taken it.

2 comments:

ShadowBanker said...

Database Statistician for the Dow Jones. Had I actually been offered the job, I would have declined on account of me not wanting to surround myself with staunch Republicans, work on Sundays, and spend my days calculating stock quotes and price indexes.

Ben said...

Golf Course Maintenace.

"Hey everyone, its 5 in the morning on a Saturday! Lets go rake sand into cool shapes so old people can pay $150 to play around in it! Hey look, its a gopher, spray it with some fungicides!"

Of course that job did get cool once I started bringing a thermos full of vodka.