NBC's Heroes might be ending prematurely due to a writers' strike. As a result, the creators are scheduled to film an alternate ending to be aired on December 3rd, which would ostensibly serve as the season finale. Note that none of this is confirmed and hopefully the strike will be resolved at the zero hour.
This is a shame for two main reasons:
1) Heroes remains the most consistently well-written drama shows on TV. Nay, one of the best shows on TV overall (I know I'm probably going to receive nasty looks from die-hard Office fans). The writers manage to add new elements to the storyline each episode, develop the wide array of characters (many continue to be introduced each week), and yet it is clear that they have always maintained a detailed and precise plan for the direction of the entire series. It is also one of the most creatively written shows on television--perhaps explaining why it's so conducive to "love it or hate it" stereotypes--as the story is told in the form of many parallel plot-lines that eventually come together (parallel lines can now intersect?). It's requires a large attention span and you cannot watch without having seen the beginning, but I guarantee that regardless of whether superheroes are your cup of tea, you will appreciate the scope of writing. The only other series that I have seen throw so many balls in the air without engendering a convoluted mess was Seinfeld.
2) There was rumored to be a spin-off of the show entitled Heroes: Origins, which had attracted big names in show-biz such as Eli Roth (Hostel, Cabin Fever), Kevin Smith, and Michael Dougherty (Superman Returns), that is now put on hold (or probably canceled entirely) due to the strike.
Let's all hope that the strike is resolved. I would hate to see this season end so early.
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment